Virtual reality programming of a manufacturing cell
Introduction of the Training:
The main object of this module is to showcase the use of VR (Virtual Reality) in a production environment as either a programming tool or teaching tool. Using a teach pendant for robot programming can be difficult and often requires a robot expert. However, using VR instead of a teach pendant can increase the immersion and make it more intuitive to program robots. This module will combine the use of a VR headset and simulation software (Visual Components) to perform offline robot programming in a simulation software. The robot program created in the simulation software can then be directly executed on the physical robot.
The module will describe the structure and setup of the system, how to develop and create an VR interactive environment in Visual Components, and how to program the robots. The last part uses the robot program and executes it on the physical robot.
The key learnings from this module are:
- How VR works in Visual Components and what functions are available.
- The structure of our system (how it is connected and setup).
- How to interact with robot arms and mobile robots in VR.
- How VR can be used as a teaching tool and for more immersive robot programming.
The user will develop skills in:
How to use and apply VR to a production environment.
– University/Research Institute/student, Developers
– The user should be familiar with programming, industrial simulatiIon software and industrial robot
Introduction to the module
Training Part 1 –> Integrator Version Tutorial