Additive TiG Welding
Introduction of the Training:
The module uses a KUKA robot to perform metal additive manufacturing of thin wall structures using TIG welding. It uses the simulation program Visual Components as a programming interface and allows for advanced programming functions/commands to be executed on the KUKA robot and rotary table.
These videos will showcase how you can use a standard industrial robot arm for 3D printing with robot welding. The videos will also show how you can use a simulation software to automatically generate programs for the physical robot.
The key learning from this module is:
Showcase how you can 3D print with robotic welder
The user will develop skills in:
- 3D printing with welding robot
- Showcase how wire arc additive manufacturing works
– University/Research Institute/student, Manufacturing SMEs, Developers
The user should be familiar with:
- Simulation software in this case Visual Components
- Beneficial to have experience with the OPC UA server
- Some experience with robot control with an external computer
Training Part 1 –> Integrator Version Tutorial